Sunday, August 26, 2007

Decaffeinated

Dude, I've been waiting to use that headline for the longest time...

Took another three points from the Red Bulls last night, and because of certain reasons (work, life, work) I wasn't in the Fort nor at home with a brew in front of the TV. As much as I would've loved being there, I was kind of glad I wasn't; the replays showed that the Patriots have once again taken over as rulers of the Razor and mucked up the field for the rest of the season. Nothing like a later-season game against a regional rival to drive in the necessity of getting a true home field for our soccer club.

Back to the game, though. I thought we did reasonably well, the defense let Jozy Altidore get free and Angel saw that, making it possible for Altidore to once again show that he is a great young player. I thought Taylor's goal was pretty weak, but a goal is a goal and the way RBNY was defending at that point I couldn't have asked for any more. Then, amazingly and hysterically, we had three points gift-wrapped and handed to us by Red Bulls' Jon Conway and it was all over at that point. It will be a good victory for the boys in blue, who now own the best record in the MLS and look strong and healthy.

No word on Dusan Petkovic, yet. It should still be happening, but who knows if that will be a good thing at all. I'm not sold on the idea of signing an old, unproven defender based purely on the fact that he is European. Maybe if I had seen him a little more, or played in a league that is stronger than MLS, but the enthusiasm that Dallas feels for Denilson and Galaxy feels for Beckham just isn't there for me.

Then again, he could be a late blooming gem...

Good night.

No comments: